A RaCES team consists of healthcare practitioners and academics who search for evidence to inform practice. Upon identifying a relevant and up-to date systematic review, work begins to convert the review to a short, useful and readable summary. RaCES is a great opportunity to identify evidence for practice and gain academic writing skills. RaCES are published on both the Trust and University websites and prepared for publication in academic journals.
RaCES are supported by the National Institute for Health Research Collaboration for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care North West Coast (NIHR CLAHRC NWC). The views expressed are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the NIHR or the Department of Health and Social Care
For more information about how to get involved, please email James Hill firstname.lastname@example.org
Examples of RaCES:
- Harrison, Joanna , Timoroksa, Anne-Marie, Gregary, Bindu and Hill, James Edward (2020) Adopting evidence-based guidelines for acute stroke care: barriers and enablers for health professionals. British Journal of Neuroscience Nursing, 16 (1). ISSN 1747-0307
- Hill J, Doherty A, Firestone J. Oral health should be considered when working with adults with intellectual disabilities, and larger, higher-quality studies in this area are needed Evidence-Based Nursing Published Online First: 23 October 2019. doi: 10.1136/ebnurs-2019 103171
- Hill, J. and Hare, M. (2019). Statins used for secondary prevention in patients with stroke reduce the risk of further ischaemic strokes and cardiovascular events. Evidence Based Nursing, pp.ebnurs-2019-103136.
- Hill J, Smith C, Clegg A Probiotics may be considered for children and adults with cystic fibrosiss Evidence-Based Nursing Published Online First: 13 May 2020. doi: 10.1136/ebnurs-2020-103272
- Palmer K, Hill J, Clegg A One in 10 hospitalised patients have a pressure injury worldwide Evidence-Based Nursing Published Online First: 12 May 2020. doi: 10.1136/ebnurs-2020-103276
- Palmer, Karen, Hill, James Edward and Clegg, Andrew (2020) There is inconsistency in the effect of empathy training for healthcare professionals and students. Evidence-Based Nursing . ISSN 1367-6539
- Hill, James Edward , sange, chandbi and Clegg, Andrew (2020) Alpha2 agonist dexmedetomidine may reduce duration of delirium in critically ill adults. Evidence-Based Nursing . ISSN 1367-6539
- Hill J, Gomez E, Clegg AFathers report experiencing negative feelings and psychological difficulties during the perinatal period Evidence-Based Nursing Published Online First: 24 July 2020. doi: 10.1136/ebnurs-2020-103287
- Boland P, Geddes Z, Hill J Families may benefit from spiritual care in acute settings when loved ones are coming to the end of their livesEvidence-Based Nursing Published Online First: 27 August 2020. doi: 10.1136/ebnurs-2020-103279
- Palmer, Karen, Hill, James Edward and Clegg, Andrew (2020) Multifaceted falls prevention can help to reduce fall rates in high-risk and healthy community-dwelling older adults. Evidence-based nursing . ISSN 1367-6539
- Hill, J., Harrison, J., Raj, S., Gregary, B., Timoroksa, A.-M., & Gibson, J. (2020). Mediators, confounders and effectiveness of interventions for medication adherence after stroke. British Journal of Neuroscience Nursing, 16(Sup5), S18-S24. doi:10.12968/bjnn.2020.16.Sup5.S18
- Hare, M., Hill, J., & Clegg, A. (2020). Home-Based Exercise And People With Parkinson's Disease: A Systematic Review. British Journal of Neuroscience Nursing, 16(5), 230-232. doi:10.12968/bjnn.2020.16.5.230