Healthcare Science Apprenticeships Employer Engagement Event
A Healthcare Science Apprenticeship Event will take place on 11th February 2021. There are already many different options for Healthcare Science Apprenticeships; to find out more about how Apprenticeships could benefit your organisation, please join us at the event.
Commissioning Trailblazer Group - CCG's needed
The Trailblazer Group for a proposed Public Service Commissioner (Level 4) and Strategic Public Service Commissioner (Level 6) require more NHS employer representation on the group, particularly CCG’s where these roles would typically sit. These roles are cross sector but in the NHS would focus on commissioning health and public health services across a region or STP. If anyone is interested in being involved, please contact Martin Satchwell on firstname.lastname@example.org, and copy in Lucy Hunte on Lucy.Hunte@hee.nhs.uk.
NHS Employers Conference – Save the Date
NHS Employers will be hosting The NHS and The Prince’s Trust: Building your workforce on 24 March 2021 at 10am-3pm. Please save the date – further details including booking options will follow later this month.
Apprenticeship Guidance for wider primary and community healthcare teams in Dental, Pharmacy and Optometry – Published
Health Education England have developed a guidance booklet that will provide you with an overview of the apprenticeships you can use in dental practices, opticians and pharmacists and provide useful hints and tips on how to start recruiting apprentices to your business. The booklet is available using this link.
Post-16 Qualifications at Level 3 and Below - Second Stage Consultation Event
The Department for Education (DfE) is reviewing post-16 qualifications at level 3 and below, to ensure that every qualification approved for public funding has a distinct purpose, is high quality and supports progression to positive outcomes. Their aim is for clearer qualifications choices for young people and adults. They want students and employers to have confidence that every qualification on offer is high quality and can lead to skilled employment or further study. Following the launch of the second stage consultation on post-16 qualifications at level 3, DfE is keen to engage with a wide range of stakeholders and gather as many views and inputs as possible. To support this they are holding a further consultation event on Monday 11 January. To find out more and sign up for the event please click use this link.
The Future of Management Apprenticeships Survey
CMI currently have a survey in the field that has been designed to help them capture the impact that apprentices have on organisations in advance of this year's National Apprenticeship Week (8-14 Feb). Please use this link to complete the survey before 5pm on Wednesday 13th January which aims to help bolster the case for retaining (and properly funding) management apprenticeship provision. survey about the future of management apprenticeships.
NHS Project Futures Festival ’21 - Connect, explore, learn and be inspired at the NHS Project Futures Festival ’21!
· Online 8 to 12 February - This week-long virtual event offers you a fantastic opportunity to learn about the values, behaviours and capabilities needed to deliver successful change in the volatile and uncertain world of the future. You’ll be able to connect with leaders in their field, learn about the latest innovations, and explore new resources. And, of course, network and share best practice with other project professionals across the NHS.
· Headline speakers - Headline speakers include Health Education England’s Chief Executive, Dr Navina Evans, who will be launching the five-day event and Fiona Spencer, Director of Function, Profession and Standards at the Infrastructure and Projects Authority, who will be speaking about ‘The Project Profession in the Public Sector’.
· Interactive workshops, masterclasses and more! - Learn how to ‘cause good trouble’ with Alex Barker, author of the blueprint for collective change book, ‘How to Be More Pirate’. Participate in a masterclass on the ‘Future of Work’ in the new world with Professor Eddie Obeng, dynamic TED talk presenter and founder of Pentacle, the Virtual Business School.
· Be inspired by the compelling storyteller Stephen Carver, Senior Lecturer at Cranfield Business School, in his session on 'Strategic Leadership of Complex Programmes'. There are plenty of other topics and themes to discover and explore, such as nomadic leadership and shared wisdom with Anthony Willoughby, applied neuroscience for embedding change, agile change management, and equality, diversity and inclusion in project management. Solve real-world NHS problems in the five-day Lego Serious Play Hackathon, and find out about the launch of the NHS Project & Change Capability Framework, the PMO toolkit and four NHS-wide project apprenticeships. And finally, enjoy the Festival wrap party and award ceremony Friday afternoon!
· Schedule – The schedule is attached so you can check up on all the opportunities on offer - whatever stage you’re at in your career, you’re sure to find something to interest you! · Registration - Don’t miss out! Register now to secure your place at the NHS Project Futures Festival ‘21, 8 to 12 February.
Higher Development Award
· The Higher Development Award (HDA) is a personal development programme for Support Workers that enables Clinical and Non-Clinical Support Workers from all sectors to “Be the best and acknowledge potential”. This link provides further information. Health Education England will be holding a Higher Development Award information webinar on 29th January, please contact the Talent for Care team email@example.com if you would like to attend or find out more information.
Apprenticeship Service Agreement
· Following the announcement to extend incentive payments for hiring a new apprentice until end March 2021, the ESFA Apprenticeship Agreement for Employers has been updated. The latest version of the agreement will be available for employers to accept through their apprenticeship service account from 1 February 2021. Employers will need to accept the latest agreement if they wish to apply for incentive payments for apprentices who start their
apprenticeship between 1 February 2021 and 31 March 2021, where they are eligible to do so.
Skills for jobs – Lifelong Learning for Opportunity and Growth
Skills for jobs white paper has been published setting out reforms to post-16 technical education and training to support people to develop the skills needed to get good jobs and improve national productivity. The paper outlines how the Government proposes to support people to develop the skills they need to get good jobs, including measures to:
· give employers a greater say in the development of skills
· provide higher level technical skills
· provide a flexible, lifetime skills guarantee
· simplify and reform funding and accountability for providers
· support outstanding teaching For further information is available using this link.
Review of Post-18 Education and Funding
Interim consultation has been published and is available using this link.
IfATE – List of Standards with Flexibilities
Please use this link for a list of all apprenticeship standards with temporary discretions or other flexibilities
Virtual National Health Careers Live Event -Sat 7th November 2020 AHP Live Stage - Recordings Now Available
The recordings from the Virtual National Health Careers Live Event on Sat 7th Nov ember 2020 AHP Live Stage are now available for use at www.healthcareers.live; to access the recordings please follow the AHP Careers Live Talks link. The page includes a short after show video, separate links to 8 themed career sessions and the AHP keynote speech introducing the AHPs. Please do share the links to these recordings with your local AHP Leads and Career Leads.
Webinar - How Can Apprenticeships Help Build Data Analytics and AI Skills Capability in Your Organisation?
Data and AI skills are a priority for senior leaders and management across organisations. In this webinar, Dr Raoul-Gabriel Urma, CEO of Cambridge Spark, will outline the data skills needed for different roles across organisations as well as the learning pathways available to upskill your employees through Apprenticeships (L3 Data Technician, L4 Data Analyst, L7 AI Data Specialist). This webinar will review case studies of how current data science apprentices are applying their new skills to deliver on business objectives.
Date: 11th February
Time: 12.30 pm - 1:15 pm
Sign up here to join the webinar.
Providing Apprenticeships During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak Guidance Update Please use this link for the updated Government’s guidance on providing apprenticeships during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.